Y’all, how is it already July 4th weekend? I mean goodness gracious can this summer slow down?!
Before we kick off the holiday weekend, I wanted to share with you all my “All-American” look that I’ve lived in so far this summer. You may recognize these denim shorts from my previous post here. Well, AG Jeans has done it again for me this year. Both the denim shorts and top from AG are two staples in my closet right now. Once I find a great quality brand, it’s really hard for me to steer away from it. Y’all know I’m all about quality over quantity when it comes to my own closet. Thanks to AG Jeans, I’ve been able to live my own motto out in 2017.
This July 4th weekend Will, Mindi, and I are heading east to until our toes meet the sand! This may be our last summer beach weekend, so we’ll be soaking up every second of our time there.
I’m sure most of you will be heading to spend time with family or friends as well. Just in case you need a little treat to bring with you to the party, check out my favorite (and SUPER easy!) red, white, and blue recipe by scrolling through to the end of this post.
I hope everyone has fun, safe, and relaxing July Fourth weekend!
Red, White, and Blue Fruit Salad
- One pint each of blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries (rinsed)
- 16 oz. container of strawberries (rinsed and sliced)
- Three medium size bananas (peel removed and sliced)
- One lemon
- 4-5 fresh mint leaves
- In a large bowl toss together first three ingredients
- Squeeze juice of lemon over fruit mixture (this helps keep bananas from turning brown quickly)
- Chop fresh mint leaves and sprinkle over fruit
**If you have leftovers, then use as a quick breakfast/snack over yogurt and topped with granola… it’s SO good!